Start The Story is an exciting new literacy magazine from award-winning authors, Barry Hutchison and Tommy Donbavand, aimed at teachers, parents, librarians… in fact, anyone who wants to promote reading and writing among school pupils. Each bi-monthly issue will be packed with creative writing tips, author interviews, book reviews, competitions and much, much more. Plus – Issue 1 is completely free! All you have to do is register your email address at www.startthestory.co.uk and you’ll get the launch issue at 9am this Friday, 29th June!
There’s just time to grab the exclusive preview edition, which will give you a taster of the sort of content you’ll find crammed into the first full issue. You can download the preview now, but to get the full issue when it launches at 9am on Friday 29th June 2012 you’ll have to sign up to become a free member.
Here’s what you’ll find in the free first issue when it launches on Friday:
- Interview with Blue Peter Award winning author, Ali Sparkes.
- Five Tips for Creating Characters your readers will love.
- Get your pupils plotting with a story “treasure map”.
- Like “Diary of a Wimpy Kid”? We’ve chosen some more you’ll enjoy.
- Six of the best crime stories for kids.
- How to organise the ultimate author visit for your school.
- A review of Andy Briggs’ “Warrior Number One” plus accompanying lesson plan.
- A five page pupil workbook packed with reading and writing games and activities.
- Plus more reviews, our graphic novel round-up, competitions, story triggers, a homework exercise and more!
So sign up for your free membership now (no payment details required) and be among the first to Start the Story!